Strawberries & Cream Lollipups
Okay we have to admit not only are these cute – but they are so tasty too!
- 14 fl oz (or 400 ml) Coconut Milk (be sure to use an organic milk without added sugars usually these can be found at your local health food grocery store)
- 1 basket of fresh strawberries
- fresh basil (2-3 leaves)
- Granulated beef sticks (or favorite of choice)
- Wash strawberries and basil and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut strawberries into halves than quarters.
- Finely chop basil leaves.
- Combine strawberries and coconut milk in blender; until smooth
- Add basil and blend on pulse setting for 3-5 seconds
- Pour mixture into silicon molds (we use these)
- Add granulated stick in each mold (similar to a lollipop)
- Place your filled molds on a flat surface in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen throughout
- Once your lollipups are frozen, slowly, and carefully remove from each mold (be careful not to break them in half or brake the stick off. But if this happens I’m sure your pups wont mind)
- Place your lollipups in between parchment paper (or foil) and put back in freezer in an airtight container but make sure you leave one out for your drooling pup to enjoy!
What are the benefits of basil & strawberries?
Basil: Basil has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which promote gut, joint and cardiovascular health in dogs.
Strawberries: strawberries are full of antioxidants. They also boast high fiber and a lot of vitamin C. Here’s a bonus: Strawberries even contain an enzyme that can help whiten your dog’s teeth.